Songs For Slim EP
Special Limited Edition 10"
In September 2012, Paul Westerberg and Tommy Stinson reunited and entered Flowers Studio in Minneapolis (with Kevin Bowe on guitar and Peter Anderson on drums) to record Slim’s song “Busted Up.” Knocked out by the result, they roared through a few more numbers including Leon Payne's (by way of Hank Williams) "Lost Highway," Gordon Lightfoot’s (by way of Nico) “I’m Not Sayin',” and “Everything’s Coming Up Roses” from the Broadway show Gypsy. Original Replacements drummer Chris Mars had already recorded a scorching one-man-band version of Slim’s “Radio Hook Word Hit,” and all 5 tracks were combined onto this EP to launch the series.
This is the first new Replacements release since 1990's All Shook Down. Only 250 numbered 10” vinyl EPs are being made.
Additional features include:
- Cover autographed by Paul Westerberg, Tommy Stinson & Chris Mars
- 4 glossy prints of never-before-seen band photos
- Collectors’ poster of Slim
- Print of the full Chris Mars cover painting on the inner sleeve
- Digital download card of entire EP
- 180g vinyl
1. Busted Up (Slim Dunlap)
2. Radio Hook Word Hit (Slim Dunlap)
1. I'm Not Sayin' (Gordon Lightfoot)
2. Lost Highway (Leon Payne)
3. Everything's Coming Up Roses (Stephen Sondheim/Jule Styne)
All tracks are now available for digital purchase worldwide. A commercial 12" vinyl version (same tracks + download card without all of the extras) was released on April 16, 2013. There may also be a compilation release of the tracks later in the year.